Peri



Recently, I feel that I’ve been on a creative binge. I love planning the look of an outfit I’ve been thinking about and finding the right fabric to bring it to life. Compared to readymade ethnic Indian outfits that are in the market, I find that making one from scratch will save you a lot of money! I’m very fortunate that I’ve found a tailor where I live who is able to bring my ideas to life. The hardest part however is figuring out how much fabric you will need.
Peri – the name I have decided to give this Anarkali – is made with detailed purple and gold net over a purple raw silk gown lining. The dupatta is sheer net with purple gotta work all over (I absolutely love the way the dupatta turned out!!!)

For those of you who are interested in creating something similar but are unsure of how much fabric you will need, I have provided my measurements below so that you have a reference point.

A little about me:
Height: I am 5’8 inches tall
Bust: 34 inches
Waist: 26/27 inches
Hip: 35 inches

For Peri, I purchased 5 yards of the purple and gold net and 5 yards of the raw silk fabric. If you are purchasing in meters, I would recommend purchasing 5.5 meters of fabric.
Dupatta’s in general, are typically 2.5 meters in length – so that is the amount of fabric I purchased. To complement the dupatta, I also purchased 8 meters of the purple gotta strip. The purple gotta is the border on the dupatta that you see and UGH, I just love the way it looks.

If you are getting a lengha made, I would recommend getting 3 yards or 3.5 meters of fabric for the skirt and at least 1.5 yards or 2 meters of fabric for the blouse you are thinking of creating.
If you have any questions about this outfit, or need some help determining the amount of fabric you need, please feel free to send an email at m2chadha@gmail.com 






 

Comments

Popular Posts